Investment in staff development can be costly. At Oxford Brookes we utilise our extensive experience of designing and delivering cutting-edge education, from undergraduate study to MBA, to develop specific qualifications and awards for individual organisations.
We work alongside organisations to develop programmes that meet the development needs of your staff, support talent and succession planning and are embedded in working life. Programmes can range from a certificate of credit in a specific subject area to a full university award such as a postgraduate certificate, diploma or master's qualification.
All of our in-house qualifications are designed in collaboration with the client, the content and delivery methods (ranging from online learning through to blended and face to face packages) reflecting your specific requirements and needs, and the assessment contextualised to your organisation.
Credit bearing courses support organisations and individuals in a number of ways:
From an organisational perspective:
- Qualifications are a powerful talent management and succession planning tool.
- Programmes are bespoke – they are designed to meet the current and future needs of the organisation. We work closely with managers to ensure relevant content and contextualise assessment around the organisation.
- Participants are assessed against national quality levels ensuring that their learning and their assignments meet undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- All programmes are designed to ensure that learning is embedded within working life – participants are expected to practise skills and get feedback from managers and sponsors throughout the programme.
- Programmes tie into personal development programmes and help the organisation plan for future roles.
From a participant perspective:
- Participants follow a full programme of study designed to develop both skills and knowledge.
- Qualifications encourage and further develop organisational commitment.
- Regular feedback from tutors and contact with others within their organisation allow participants the opportunity to grow and understand the organisation more fully.
- Assessment allows individuals to benchmark their current skills and knowledge and plan for their future development.
If you would be interested in discussing how a bespoke qualification might benefit your business, please .