Careers and Personal Development
Our focus on your career and professional development, with an emphasis on management in practice, enables you to take the next steps in your career, confident in your own knowledge and abilities.
We offer individual personal and career development guidance along with a range of activities which give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead and manage global teams.
The Personal and Professional Development module focuses on your career and professional and supports you throughout your MBA programme. An individual Personal Development Journal helps you to make the most of your learning so you directly benefit from the MBA while studying as well as after graduation.
With support from your Academic Advisor, both virtually and face-to-face during the two workshops, you keep track of your development and actions for future growth.
The Personal and Professional Development module ends with an assessed Career Action Plan, which helps guide you through your future career.
We focus on the practical skills for your career
- We emphasise developing both the entrepreneurial skills necessary to be innovative and the practical ability to find solutions in real and complex business situations.
- Reflective assignments and coaching and leadership challenges provide you with the practical experience to develop your critical thinking skills and leadership capability.
- Every taught module has an explicit practitioner input so you can see for yourself how things can work in practice.
- The final MBA project gives you the chance to focus on a real area of interest or expertise - which could be anything from a business start-up to a consultancy project.
- You have the opportunity to soak up knowledge from industry experts first-hand and network with executives at MBA Community events, industry visits and the MBA Summer School.