All of our courses are designed to prepare you for the world of work. Many of our graduates go on to secure positions in high profile international organisations.
How is this achieved?
- Our strong links with business mean we are continuously updating courses to give you the best start to your career
- You will learn the key transferable skills that employers are looking for such as IT, learning and presentation skills, self-management, communication, problem solving, numeracy and teamwork
- You have the opportunity to take a year's work placement in your third year
- Managers from a wide range of high profile companies such as Harley-Davidson, Johnson & Johnson, Fat Face, BP, Aldi and Tesco come and speak to you about working with them
- Through our Accountants in Mentoring Scheme our final year students are mentored by managers from top companies including KPMG, PwC and Grant Thornton
- A dedicated Careers Centre which has a wealth of resources to support you in your future career
BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management, graduated 2009
I graduated and joined Electronic Arts (EA) as a Product Marketing Associate. I soon became a brand manager of the FIFA video game on mobile and Facebook. The strategic marketing and communications modules I had studied at Brookes really helped me in planning the brand's three-year strategy.
In 2012, EA offered me the role of Senior Business Lead and moved me to San Francisco. Oxford Brookes gave me incredible experiences, including studying in Australia, and taught me about business models and strategic thinking that have been invaluable in my career.